Tuesday, October 9, 2012

How We Met

     It all started on a cold night in January (2011) around 2am. I was extremely comfortable in my bed when my fire pager sounded loudly. “Fire, respond to……blah blah blah……on a male patient who fainted in the bathroom.” No the patient was not Steve. I crawled out of bed, ran across the street to the department, jumped in my bunker pants, and off I went in the ambulance. 
     With my partner completing the patient exam, I stood close by taking notes. It was than the magic began, I saw a Deputy walk into the house. Yes, he definitely caught my eye, but I am a professional woman so I continued my work. However, every once in a while I would see this handsome man looking at me and I could not help but take a sneak peak back. Steve will tell you he was “totally checking me out” because I “looked so damn good in bunker pants and a beanie.” As the call came to an end, we both left hardly exchanging any words. It was a short meeting, but the beginning of something amazing.
     Fast forward to February. A small issue led me to the local Sub Station where I needed to make a police report. As I sat in the tiny office writing out my report I heard the door open.  I looked up and…..wait what was I writing about in my report? I lost all concentration. There was a moment where everything stopped in the world. Our eyes met, my attention quickly drawn back to the piece of paper in front of me, my face probably slightly red. He introduced himself, and walked into a nearby office. I handed over my report to the Deputy handling my case and he handed me a business card letting me know if I had any questions or concerns to call him. Steve walked back into the main office and pulled out one of his business cards as well. He than handed it to me and said “I am on duty all night. Call if you need anything.”
     I went home that night and all I could think about was the handsome man in the uniform and I grabbed that business card of his. Was he just being nice….or was he really interested. Well, only one way to find out, from there we spent the next few days really getting to know each other. On his days off work we spent endless hours hanging out and telling each other’s life stories. This included a midnight trip to Del Taco on the first night and by the third night he made me dinner. I was drawn to him instantly. I fell in love with this man so quickly and he too fell in love with me. This was no infatuation; this was true, endless love. By day 5 he was knocking on my front door and when I opened it all he could say was “I love you, I am in love with you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment